This comes straight from a link on our services page. But i thought it was important enough to share here as I get more and more questions from people who feel excluded from our service. We do treat everyone but also feel the need to target women and girls of color because of their specific needs.
Why Therapists for Black Girls?
- Women and girls of color have some of the lowest access to quality mental health services but face some of the most serious and pressing issues.
- Black, Latina, Asian, or other races and ethnic groups, these girls and women do not utilize mental health services as often as necessary or as frequently as many other populations.
- When these girls and women do try to access mental health, they are often met with racism, sexism, dismissal and even hostility.
- Lack of access to mental health care causes a great deal of concerns including lasting struggles with issues like Anxiety, Depression, PTSD and other serious concerns.
- Our goal is to provide high quality psychotherapy services to women and girls of color to help improve their overall well-being and prevent the suffering that can happen when issues are not addressed.