Why Therapists for Black Girls?
- Women and girls of color have some of the lowest access to quality mental health services but face some of the most serious and pressing issues.
- Black, Latina, Asian, or other races and ethnic groups, these girls and women do not utilize mental health services as often as necessary or as frequently as many other populations.
- When these girls and women do try to access mental health, they are often met with racism, sexism, dismissal and even hostility.
- Lack of access to mental health care causes a great deal of concerns including lasting struggles with issues like Anxiety, Depression, PTSD and other serious concerns.
- Our goal is to provide high quality psychotherapy services to women and girls of color to help improve their overall well-being and prevent the suffering that can happen when issues are not addressed.